Hill Country Ride

  • From: "C.L.S." <cls1@wt.net>
  • Subject: Hill Country Ride
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 00:23:48 -0400
    I was not able to get the DFW gang to let me in on the ride time Thursday
    night so the wife and I struck out on our own. Friday morning turned out to
    be one of the coldest for that date in history but we bundled up and hit the
    hi-way anyway. We stayed at my son's home in San Antonio and rode up to
    Fredricksburg and out the Old San Antonio hiway. This road is twistier than
    Lombard Ave. and as you will see we found some beautiful flowers along the
    way.

    After having fun on the freeze run for a while we headed for the Natural
    Bridge Caverns near New Braunsful(sp) to warm up. The temperature down in
    the cavern was a nice toasty 75f but felt like 85 due to the high humidity.
    The long walk down and up tired us old folks out as you can see on the SO's
    expression. We ended the ride back to SA with a fine Chinese dinner with my
    son and daughter-in-law.

    Saturday morning was very nearly a repeat of Friday's temp's but the sun
    came out and warmed thing up real soon. My son went to the BMW dealer on
    Broadway  near Breckinridge Park and rented an R1100 from some real nice
    folks. I highly recommend them if you need to rent a bike in SA.

    We rode back up to Bandera and took several different roads out of there on
    Saturday and went back on Sunday and had lunch because there was just too
    much to see and way too many roads to ride. Rick had to have the bike back
    by 6pm so after turing Medina Lake we called it a weekend and headed home.

    Hope you enjoy the pics, we sure enjoyed taking them. Can't wait to do it
    again.

    Chuck Sanchez
    ~V~1364
    Nomad G/G